Every cookbook claims to have 15-minute recipes that use limited ingredients and dishes – the ultimate hassle-free dinner. We are pretty confident that this pasta recipe can beat them all – it‘s as simple as you can get. Limited ingredients with knock your socks off flavour.
It can be paired with just about any seafood of your choice, but nothing beats making it with our smoked yellowfin tuna – the hero of the dish. It adds a wonderful depth of flavour that compliments the parmesan cheese, zesty lemon and silky-smooth olive oil. Best of all, this recipe is easy on the wallet and can feed a family of four.
Smoked yellowfin tuna pasta recipe
- 1 Packet (80 grams) smoked yellowfin tuna
- 250 Grams fresh pasta
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Packet rocket
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Step 1 - The sauce
- Grate a generous handful of parmesan cheese and place in a bowl.
- Grate the zest of the lemon and squeeze the juice into the bowl of parmesan cheese.
- Pour enough olive oil into the bowl to cover and soak the cheese – you are looking to create a runny consistency (see video below).
Step 2 - Garnishing
- Toast the sunflowers seeds – be sure not to burn them.
- Tear up the smoked yellowfin tuna into bite size pieces.
- Roughly chop the rocket.
Step 3 - Pasta & sauce
- Pop the pasta into a pot of salted boiling water and cook through.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain off the excess water.
- Pour the parmesan cheese, lemon and olive oil sauce over the pasta and toss.
- Pop the lid back on the pot and set aside for a minute to allow the sauce to warm through.
Step 4 - Serving
- Serve in bowls and garnish with the rocket, sunflower seeds and smoked yellowfin tuna.